Sunday, May 2, 2010

The First Year of Blogging

Today is the first anniversary of this blog and I felt I should note that milestone in some fashion. In that time, I have had 12,689 visits to this site by readers from 72 different countries. Frankly, when I wrote my first entry, I would never have imagined numbers like those—they amaze me and also provide me with a deep sense of responsibility for the quality of what I write. I hope I have lived up to that responsibility thus far and that I can continue to do so.

More so, however, I hope that my essays have not only entertained you, but also provided food for thought and, most of all, for further learning about the Civil War. Nothing would make me happier than to know that some small thing I wrote made even one reader go find a book on the subject and seek to know even more than the little bit of information I provided here.

I also want to express my most humble thanks and gratitude to all of you have visited my blog. Your continued interest keeps me going and, while I do not get the opportunity to write as often as I would like, I promise to do my best to continue posting whenever I can.

I ended my first entry last year by saying, “So, let’s start this little journey and see where this takes us.” Now, let me say that we will continue the journey and I hope we find even more interesting places to go!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Mr. Bob Thompson!

    It has truly been a pleasure to read each new entry. Each one holds its own special -punch- of information, deeper insights, and dramatics.

    May the first year set the way for many more years of your type of truth and expressions!

    ReplyDelete